Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's official...

Well, after the news I was given last night about the poor or should I say sinful choices Will has made recently I have decided it was time to take off my wedding rings.  I was wearing his wedding band that he had taken off February 22nd and handed to me February 27th (keep in mind Xavier was born February 10th).  I had told him that I was going to keep them on until our divorce was final because they were a sign of the marriage covenant we made to each other and we were still married, but I just can't keep them on anymore!  The constant pain and reminder of what those rings mean and how he's not living up to his vows that he made to me 7 years ago just hurt too much.  I can't keep up the lie that we are somehow still married, I refuse to live that lie anymore. It was a difficult decision to make because I didn't think it was right to do until the day the divorce was finalized, but it was something I had to do as the next step to move forward.  In the state of PA they have a 90 "cooling off period" so no one can get a divorce before the 90 day period. The papers can be signed anytime after June 28th to make our divorce final.  As much as I never wanted this divorce, never even had that word in my vocabulary for us, I can't wait for that day to come to wipe my hands of this whole mess and officially begin a wonderful new life!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! The rings are the hardest thing to do, but you have to do what is right for you and you are! Please keep in mind you didn't do anything in this situation to cause this and offered to do what many wouldn't have done. You stay strong and give me a call if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough decision to come to, Marissa, but you need to do what will enable you to move on. Praqying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he will one day recognize the giant mistake he made and sadly it will be too late. keep strong in Christ who is also your bridegroom.

    ReplyDelete