Thursday, April 7, 2011

A New Beginning!

I decided to begin a new blog as the children and I begin a new life together.  William is no longer in the picture.  He has made some extremely wrong decisions and has chosen to live a sinful lifestyle. As much as I am saddened and going through the many stages of grief, I am learning to lean on God and trust Him more as to be the leader for me and my children.  God is and always will be the center of our family!  I am learning and have hopefully shown in the past 2 LONG months that I can do anything with God who gives me strength. 

At this moment I am sitting here in the hospital suffering along with Xavier.  Both of our hearts are hurting, but I know that in time both of our hearts will be healed by the Great Physician!  I hurt every time I see him in pain.  I wish I could just take all of his pain away and fix it, but I know all I can do is be his best advocate and give him all the TLC I possibly can.  I am so thankful that God has given me this little boy.  He has proven to be so strong and courageous!!!  God has something amazing for him on this earth and I am excited to see what that may be one day.  I am in no way happy that this has happened to him, but am trying to see some positive in all this.  If it wasn't for his long stays in the hospital I don't think that I would have bonded with him like I have.  Life at home would have been chaotic with the girls and just dealing with the whole situation with Will.  There is a purpose and a reason for everything that happens.  This time away has also given the girls some time to have fun with other children and just have fun without feeling the stress of everyday life. I strive to praise God even though trials!

I will use this as an avenue to inform everyone daily with more details on Xavier's progress as we continue to live in the hospital.  Please continue to pray for the doctors to have wisdom in what steps to take next to find out what is causing his enlarged heart, fluid filled lungs, respiratory rate to continue to be high, his vomiting, and why there is blood in his vomit. 

Please also pray for the girls as they are without their Mommy or Daddy.  Pray that they continue to stay strong and know that even though I am not there for them daily right now that I love them and will never leave them forever.  Please pray for those who are doing an amazing job taking care of their every needs right now.

Praise God for:  family, friends, the church, medicine, doctors, and laptops :)

“…after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” (II Peter 5:10)

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you all sweetheart.. *hugs* You're doing a fantastic job your children will remember this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, Sydney, Savannah & Xavier,
    You are never alone. We will always be here for all of you. It is a life's journey indeed. You have learned that you are stronger than you ever believed you could be. Take comfort my daughter....Be still and know that He is God!
    All my love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that God is using such a traumatic and horrible situation for His glory-I am so thankful that you have people you can trust with your girls and that you are learning to lean on God each and every day.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy you've decided to start this blog! what an amazing idea and keepsake for the future. it's almost like a digital photo album! (and we all know how good you are with scrapbooking!) i love it! :o) Love, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa,

    Your strength and beauty through this difficult time is amazing. God has showered the Holy Spirit down upon you and little xavier. I pray that you will feel the prayers of many woman from Fellowship church this week. You're courageousness and wisdom are amazing and beautiful. Kiley Campbell

    ReplyDelete