Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sydney's words...

Last week the kids and I took a vacation and got away to Eastern PA for some fun and relaxation with some great college friends.  My friends have 3 little boys ages 5, 3, and 10 months. Sydney took quite well to their 5 year old, Noah.  It was too funny watching them interact together. We all had such a great time!  So happy they are on our exact route when traveling back and forth from PA to MA! 
During our stay there Sydney began calling Shawn, Rachel's husband, "Dad".  I just felt so bad for her, she just wants someone to call "Dad" daily like everyone else seems to have.   My heart just breaks for her.   That's a void I can't fill~I can never give her her biological "Dad' back to her.  Which brings me to my next story.  One night while we were at their house we were all doing story and prayers before bed.  Each of us took a turn praying and like every night we do at our house we pray for "Daddy".  So that night I prayed "Please bring Daddy back to You that he begin to make the right choices and follow You" and Sydney must have only heard the first part because after we were done praying she saids to me, "Mommy, Daddy's never coming back".  She just said it so matter of fact and moved on.  She just amazes me how well she is doing with the "loss" of her father.  She worries me in other ways like the walls she will put up or how this will effect her emotionally in the future. That is something I will have to deal with as each of the kids get older, they will each deal with it in their own ways especially because of their ages when everything happened. I know God will give me the words to say to them as their questions and situations arise.  God will give them comfort, and they will grow up so unbelievably loved that they will not lack the feeling of being loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment