Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Date Night

Saturday night was my date night with Sydney.  I thought it was important to spend some one on one time with her.  It was our chance to have fun but also our time to talk about things that have been going on.  We began our evening by going to get our pictures taken at Sears.  They had given me a $25 gift certificate there and I get a free 8x10 for being a member, so to get all of our pictures it cost me $5! 

We then went out to eat at Sydney's favorite place~Golden Corral. I tried to have a conversations with her at the restaurant but she was too busy people watching :)  Our conversation was much better in the car where she could just focus on the two of us.  I asked her about how she felt about what has been going on and about us moving to MA.  She is under the impression that because her Daddy doesn't live with her anymore that he is not her Daddy.  She asked me if she will have to call Grandpa, GrandpaDad because we will be living with him.  I explained to her that her Daddy with always be  her Daddy and that Grandpa was still my Dad even though I don't live with him.  It's so amazing how her little mind thinks.  I would have never of guessed that she would be thinking like that.  I can tell that lately she is really trying to come to understand where things are with her Daddy because she never sees him~it's been 7 1/2 weeks!  Out of the blue earlier this week she started this conversation:
"Mommy, is Daddy dead?"~Sydney
"Why would you think that?"~Me
"Because I never see him."~Sydney
"No, he isn't dead Sydney."~Me
"Oh, well, when will I see him"~Sydney
"I don't know Sydney, I'm sorry I can't give you an answer."~Me
Conversations like that made me realize how important it was to clarify things more for her during our date night.  She wasn't too into our conversation so I didn't push it.  I basically left it with her that we need to pray for Daddy that he would start what God wants him to do, and that we also need to pray for Mommy that she stays strong and will someday find a Godly guy to marry.  She told me she would pray for both of us~she's so sweet! 

After our meal we went out to find Sydney a graduation dress.  She is so excited about graduating, although she does realize she will have to repeat Pre~k over again because of her birthday falls after the cut off date to start Kindergarten.  She loves school and has made some great friends.  I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast! 

Here are some of the photos that aren't enhanced:





No comments:

Post a Comment