Monday, May 9, 2011

Going Home.....again!

Friday, May 6th, Xavier and I headed home~we finally busted out~WOOHOO!  I think Xavier knew Mother's Day was coming and wanted to give me a wonderful gift of letting me spend the day with all 3 of my wonderful children, he didn't want to keep me all to himself~so very thoughtful!!!

Earlier on Friday Xavier got some blood work done, called a BNP, which gives them an idea of how well his heart is functioning.  They also did a chest X-ray to see how he was doing on a decreased dose of the Lasix. Both tests came back wonderful and seeing as he gained weight everyday during his stay there they thought it was safe to send him home.  This doesn't in any way mean we will never be back to a hospital~especially seeing as he is on 4 different medicine right now to help him eat well and gain weight.  If we do have to go back into the hospital I will be insisting they close the 2 holes that are left in his heart.  I want to make sure that they are not the cause of these issues.  When we move to MA we will be having Xavier seen ASAP by the cardiologists at Boston Children's Hospital to see what they say because it's one thing to have his medical records (which should be there by now) but it's another to actually examine the child for themselves. 


Mommy and Xavier heading home!!! :)


This is the front of the hospital.  He was in the top room/window on the grey section, as well as the room on the left of it.  Room 839 and 838.

No comments:

Post a Comment