Sunday, May 15, 2011

Meeting Milestones

I have been a little concerned about Xavier not reaching some of his large motor skill milestones seeing as he has been a hospital bed for half his life so far.  While we were at the hospital, during his first stay there, when he was only 1 month old the doctors were commenting on his eye contact, how alert he was, and how well he can track.  They told me that he was acting like a 4 month old!  I am not concerned for him in that area, but am happy to see that this hasn't set him back with those important milestones.  My concerns are for his large motor skills because he hasn't really had that time to play in gyms or do tummy time because of difficulties breathing at first and then due to his open heart surgery.  At this time the pictures were taken I hadn't gotten the go ahead to start his tummy time, so he just plays on his back for now.  I was so happy though to see him begin to do some rolling at least onto his side.  I do wonder if he knows that if he does roll over it will be sore?

Having some playtime

trying to roll to his side

No comments:

Post a Comment