Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Moving

Well, the time is coming quickly now, only 11 more days til the big move.  A part of me wants to move and get to start over up in MA and know I will have constant help and support from my family and close friends, yet I have built a new life here with the 4 of us and I don't want to leave that.  So as much as I am happy to move, I am very sad to leave this area and the wonderful people!
I am open to whatever the Lord has in store for me and my children, but I would love to move back to this area if I were able to.  As much as I wanted to be as far as possible from the one person that tore our family apart, with the custody papers signed and approved by the judge, and seeing how at least this first year out of the state goes with visitations, I know I could handle living in this area again. 
The children right now are my main priority and doing what is best for them at this time is to move.  Xavier needs to be up at Boston Children's Hospital to get the second opinion and see where he stands with his heart and health issues.  The kids need a little more one on one attention and living with my father and my mom and step father living 5 miles away will provide that for them.  I am excited to be able to just take Sydney out and go on a date with my little girl. I enjoyed the time we were able to do that here, and would like more opportunities to do that with her.  It's been difficult for her because she is the oldest and I have probably expected more out of her and help from her the past couple months than I should have.  She has not really had that one on one attention that she needs and deserves with Xavier's health issues and being so young, and Savannah being attached to my hip ever since being away from her for so long during the hospital stays.
Another contributing factor in my decision to move was financial reasons.  Clearly one can not survive on the child support of someone who is a waiter 3 days a week for 5 hours at a time.  I have been so blessed with all the financial help so that I was able to stay here as long as needed until the move. The Lord ALWAYS provides~we have been a true testimony to that!  We have been truly blessed!
There have been a myriad of things God has shown me or taught me through all this and one of them is to be more aware of others in need and trying to find ways to help/serve others in their time of need as others did in my time. The love and support that I had felt I want to pass on to others. Sadly it took something this major for me to really realize this is something that I should have been doing all along.  We as Christ followers are called to serve others and be selfless, sounds easy in a way, but yet to have a constant daily attitude of that takes a changed heart and the work of the Holy Spirit.

Moving Prayer Requests:
*Packing gets accomplished (as I sit here writing this I should be packing :P )
*Safe travels for my dad as he comes out and for all of us as we travel to MA
*Everyone stays healthy between now and...well, until health insurance kicks in up in MA
*Transition for the kids
*Sad goodbyes aren't so difficult ~ as I sit here crying already :(

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful Mom and friend. God will help you through this time and let him lead you to your next step. But just make sure you stay in touch. Will be thinking of you guys often!

    ReplyDelete