Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sitting

I have had concerns over the lack of back muscles with Xavier.  Seeing as he didn't do tummy time for about 3 months and the fact the first surgery cut into his back muscles I knew there would be some delay in some of his large motor skills.  At about 6 months old most children are sitting up for at least a few seconds at a time. As of last week Xavier would just flop forward as if he was a newborn and just fall over.  Within the past 2 weeks of working with him he has gained some muscle and can now sit up for about 5-10 seconds!  Such a huge improvement even from last week when starting to work with him on it.  As a reminder, he isn't 6 months old yet either!  I am thrilled with the progress he has made despite all those bumps in the road for him.  I am so proud of my little man! :)

My little man practicing sitting up!

Playing with his basket of toys.

He did fall over quite a bit, but tried to pull himself back up.

Just love that smile!

Such a happy boy!

How can you not love him?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment