Saturday, July 30, 2011

Songs

During the time I spent with Xavier in the hospital I used music to express how I was feeling with the different emotions that I was feeling at the time. There are 3 songs that have so much meaning to me, and still to this day I love listening to them and of course love to sing to~and there actually was a point where I was sprawled out on the hospital floor singing "It is well".  A nurse came in to check to see if I was alright and then just laughed at me. :)  It was definitely one of my ways of coping through the whole ordeal.  These songs have so much meaning to me and I know I have posted them through Facebook before, but I thought I would share with those who do not have Facebook and as well for me to remember one day looking back.  It is nice to have them all in one spot to remember. 
The song "It is well"  was actually the song we sang the Sunday at church prior to Xavier going into the hospital.  At that point Will had already left, but who knew things could get worse and it had to be "well with my soul".  I cried that Sunday as we sang that song knowing that God would get me through and it would be "well with my soul" but that it would just take time.  I can listen and sing that song finally without tears because God has made everything "well with my soul". 
The song "Blessings" still brings tears to my eyes when I hear it. It was and still is a comforting song to know that we will all go through trials, but God is always there. Some of my favorite lines and truths to remember:  "Trails of this life are your mercies in disguise", "You hear our desperate plea as long as we have faith to believe." My absolute favorite line of the song "pain reminds our heart that this is not our home"  Wonderful reminder that although we may suffer here on earth we will no longer suffer in heaven. This life is only temporary.
The song "I will survive" is my upbeat song to know that in the end I will still survive.  It might not seem that to be true in the moment, but we all go through trials and survive.  Most of the time we change and grow through those trials, and I know I definitely have in so many areas.  This is a song that has always been one of my favorites~it has great memories to it from work at BH :) This actually became my ring tone on my phone and makes me smile every time someone calls.  :)
Overall, these are just great songs whenever you are going through a trial!
It is well~Kutless
Blessings~Laura Story
I will survive~Gloria Gaynor

No comments:

Post a Comment