Thursday, April 14, 2011

Homecoming!

It was finally that time, time to head back to the "normalcy" of life.  Normalcy is so relative lately.  I am so blessed to have my "normal" life again, by that I mean having my 3 children in my own house day in and day out, cooking, cleaning, running errands, driving Sydney to school and swim lessons~I LOVE MY LIFE!  All my life I wanted to be a stay at home mom and now I have that.  Even if I wanted to return to work, I couldn't.  Xavier can not be put in day care because he is extremely susceptible to illnesses and it could put him right back in the hospital.  Due to the horrible decisions Will has chosen to make he had lost his job a month and a half ago and has not provided for me or his children at all, but God is good~God has and continues to provide! 

Our homecoming was awesome!  The thoughtfulness of others never ceases.  We pulled up to my house (Thanks Beth for the ride home!) and there were "welcome home" balloons tied to my porch as well as balloons throughout my house!  (Thanks Kim and Katie!)  It was also wonderful to come home to a nice clean house~floors were washed and vacuumed, it was dusted, and the bathroom was clean! (Thanks Diana and Carol!) So many people have been so selfless and willing to serve and help in any capacity through this whole ordeal (Thanks family and friends at FCC~too many to name specifically, Thanks Mom and Sven, Thanks Dad, Thanks Sarah M, Thanks Steph, Thanks BBC, Thanks Jamie, Thanks Amiee and Chad, Thanks Candi and Wendell, Thanks Rachel and Shawn, Thanks friends at Kidzone and Assemblies of God, Thanks EVERYONE all around the world that prayed for Xavier,  and a HUGE thanks goes to my wonderful sister in law Cindy for being there for me almost the entire time we were at the hospital!  You were there with me through everything~putting your life aside for me and your nephew, you will never know how much that means to me!  You were a rock for me~thanks for being my second set of ears and processing what I could not at times, thanks for loving on the little guy, feeding him, changing him, bathing him, consoling him, and being his advocate!)  I can't wait for the day to go through his hospital scrapbook with him and share all of these memories and try to explain the love that was poured out from so many.  He may never truly grasp that, but I will do my best to explain how much people did care and love him! 

Now onto the good stuff....pictures:


Our last time in his hospital room.

This is where we called home for 30 days and nights....well, the rooms did change a little bit~especially in the ICU and CICU.

First bottle at home!

Such a little man!

So happy he's home!!!!

He is so happy too!!!



P.S.  I do apologize for anyone I did forget in my "Thank Yous" It is midnight on my first day back with the 3 kiddos and my mind is mush~please do not be offended.  :(

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!!! So glad you're home and happy!! Xavier looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy you are all home together! You are positively glowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following your story! So happy you guys are home....You will continue to be blessed! You are terrific and strong and full of faith! Blessings to you ALL!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete