Friday, April 8, 2011

Tough Guy!

This is my sweet little man sleeping, of course, right through getting more blood drawn.  This was prior to us knowing about the surgery.  They were running so many tests in the morning to figure out the cause of his vomiting and diarrhea.  They were not going to stick him in his arms and legs anymore to get blood, because they knew they wouldn't be able to get blood, so they went right for the head  :(

This guy sleeps through everything!  The nurses were wonderful and we see even the IV team that they know us by name now.  We have made so many friends in the hospital!

We were taken to the OR holding room prior to the surgery and of course, he was sleeping away.  How sad that his bear is almost bigger than him and he's almost 2 months old!

This is the last picture of his chest without a scar :( 

Mommy and Xavier prior to surgery...wasn't quite sure if I should be smiling for the picture.

Poor little guy, still on the ventilator and will be on it for at least 24 hours. The next two pictures are graphic, so if you get squeamish I wouldn't scroll down any more.

I'm at a loss for words on this picture...it speaks for itself.

They left his chest open because he was still bleeding more than they would like and if it doesn't stop and they have to go back in and fix something they don't want to have to go back in after sewing him all up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sweety. I remember this.. Aubreys was open for 4 days.. I couldn't bring myself to take a picture though. I was stunned. I know we haven't meant yet but I love you. I wish you didn't have to be a heart Mommy but I am so honored to share that title with you. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong and beautiful Mother from the inside out. Praying for Xavier often through out the day and for the rest of you too. Keep smiling for that handsome little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These made me cry. You are so strong for everything you've been going through. I pray each day that you get to experience the little things with Xavier that I enjoy with Isaac. Little boys are such joys, Stay strong prayers are with you. Love you!
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete